Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 11 - Farmer's Market

Today the fun was all mine.  Our Lady Queen of the Americas, the Catholic church in Conneaut Lake is home to a farmer's market every Thursday from 2 - 6.  This is the first year for it.  I really would like to see it become a success.  I was a little disappointed when I pulled into the parking lot and saw that there were only about a dozen vendors.  However, I have to say that I found some treasures.  There was a guy there from Saegertown who was selling everything maple - maple syrup, maple sugar, dip mixes with maple, maple barbecue sauce, spicy maple mustard...you get the picture.  Another booth featured homemade cheeses sold by some Menonites - garlic dill was the yummiest.  An Amish lady was selling baked goods; I took home some homemade bread.  I bought some cinnamon swirl bread and some zucchini bread at another booth.   I know, carb overload.  It's worth it.  There were also a few crafters.  One woman was there selling beach glass jewelry at a very reasonable price.  My neighbor picked up a necklace and a bracelet set for two dollars.   I even had a chance to chat with a retired colleague, who also had a booth.

The farmer's market was very small today but still well worth going to.  I really hope that it catches on and becomes more popular, both for vendors and for customers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment