Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 21 (sort of) - Beating the Heat

Okay, so it's been a week since I've written anything.  I suppose when I wrote the title of the blog (30 days or so), I already knew that writing every day would be a bit much for me.  Look for the title to change soon.

With the weather last week, it was all about beating the heat.  One day last week, Jim took the kids to Lakeside Lanes bowling alley, which is on Route 18 about three minutes from my house.  Santa brought Ben a bowling ball, and I just found one at a garage sale for Jordan.  Jordan had yet to use his.  I love this little bowling alley.  It is certainly nothing fancy.  There are only about eight lanes, and the six pound balls get stuck at the bottom of the lane all the time.  However, my boys bowl in a league there every Saturday during the school year, and they love it.  The people who work there are wonderful.  They give the kids instruction at times to help them learn the proper way to bowl.  They have parties for the holidays and the boys get to bowl with the cosmic bowling lights on.  I esp. like it cause it gives them something to do in the dead of winter.  They have this gumball machine there that my boys feed quarters to.  The nice thing about it, though, is that pretty often they will get a "winner" gumball that earns them a coupon for a free game.  So by the end of bowling league, we had quite a collection of free game coupons!

So Jim took the boys bowling.  They had a great time, beat the heat, and probably only had to pay to rent those great-looking shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment