Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 8 - Hanging at home

I had every intention of going on a bike ride with my family today.  Sure, I'll put in a few hours of cleaning at the hotel...starting early so I'll be home early and be ready to go.  Yeah, right.  A few hours turned into 7 and a half.  Ouch, I'm old.  Bike ride?  Another day.  Luckily, our very good friends agreed to come over and hang out with us.

It's the 4th of July.  What could be better than sharing a fire, some drinks, some smores, and some fireworks with friends?  It was just what I needed.  And my kids, too.  Sometimes I get stressed (surprise!).  My kids are growing up so fast.  Shoot, how did they get to be 10 and 6 - almost 7?  We have one chance to give them childhood experiences they will look back on fondly.  I hope they will remember days like today - sparklers, pool, riding bikes, picking raspberries, catching fireflies, pulling their wings off and throwing them into the sparks.  Okay, so nothing's perfect.

So those of you who are actually reading this to see what there is to do around here, don't give up on me yet.  We've got some things planned this week.  Well, I do.  Eventually I'll fill in my family.

The boys strike a pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment