Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 7 - Fireworks

Okay, let me just say that cleaning hotel rooms is HARD WORK!!!!!  Either that or I am just getting old.  Every part of my body hurts.  What does this have to do with the topic of my blog?  I was toooooo tired to do anything when I got home from work.  But it is the 4th of July, and Ben had gone to watch fireworks with a friend.  So here was little Jordan, stuck at home with old people who just wanted to be done for the day.  I couldn't let my exhaustion ruin the day for the little one.  But I still was not ready to venture back over to the park (Conneaut Lake Park, that is.) and deal with crowds, so we grabbed a blanket and some barbecue chips, crossed Route 18, walked down the hill, and hung out at the little park that is really just for the Lauderdale development people (shhhhhh...don't tell anyone).  Jim and I sat by the edge of the water waiting for the show to begin on the other side of the lake while Jordan made a new friend (Lucas, who has a summer place here and likes wrestling just as much as Jordan).  When the fireworks started, Jordan and Lucas sat side by side, chatting, eating chips, and commenting on the fireworks.  Will Jordan remember or care that we were not among the crowds at the park?  Nope.  I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment