Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 16 - Fireman's Beach

We are pretty lucky to have Fireman's Beach less than ten minutes from us.  For years I have been taking the kids to swimming lessons in Meadville.  Sometimes I get tired of driving to Meadville.  So I decided to sign Jordan up for swim lessons this year at Fireman's Beach.  I wasn't sure about swim lessons in Conneaut  Lake.  First, they go for three weeks - really, three weeks!?  (at least it's close) Second, the temperature of the water would be kind of unpredictable, especially at 9 am.  But Jordan is enjoying himself.  Yesterday he wouldn't get out of our pool until he had practiced everything he learned at that day's lessons.  And as a bonus (for him, not me), Jordan plays at the park after lessons.  I would prefer to just go home....but I guess it's not all about me.

Fireman's Beach is a great place.  The sand is clean and soft; the grassy area is clean.  Trees provide some shade.  You can launch your boat there.  The park is nice for kids.  Concession stand is cheap - goodness knows my kids can't be expected to go somewhere like that and NOT buy something from the concession area.

So this week is a little crazy with so much stuff scheduled,  but I guess that's part of what this blog is about - what we do in the summer.  Fireman's Beach is not anything unique, but it's part of our summer, it deserves to be an entry.


No comments:

Post a Comment