Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 13 - Garage sales and party day!!!!

This is the perfect Saturday (or Friday) morning:  get up around 7:30 am; throw on some comfy clothes; go to the local convenience store and pick up a newspaper and a breakfast sandwich on a pretzel bun; head out to the garage sales.  AWESOME!  Today's treasures - Tony Horton's 10 minute workouts on DVD for 50 cents...the entire Eragon series for $1.25...torch lights brand new in unopened boxes for $5 a pair.  Really, the universe throws exactly what I need at the time into the garage sales I visit.  I just repainted the deck and got great new furniture, and as I was sitting out yesterday I told Jim that I wanted to find some kind of outdoor lighting...and one day later- BAM - there it is at a garage sale.

This evening was party time.  We went to a graduation party first at the new Dockside in Conneaut Lake Park.  If you have a chance to go to an event there - go - it is gorgeous!!  Then we went to a summer party at a friend's house.  What a great time - had a chance to catch up with some fellow teachers and other friends, and it was great to see all the kids playing.  The evening ended with a fireworks display that left me in awe - truly.

I am thankful today for an all-around beautiful day!  And as busy as everyone seems to be all the time, I am thankful that my friends go through the trouble to throw this big party to get people together, and I am thankful that we are invited to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment